- Carte Blanche 13
Carte Blanche'13 is scheduled on February 16th and 17th
Carte Blanche is an annual Free Software fest organized by Computer Society of MIT. Since 2005, it has been providing a platform for the budding software engineers from across the country to display the prowess in the various fields of computing with a special importance towards Free Software.
We make this a meeting ground of Free Software enthusiasts and GNU/Linux Users all over the country. Apart from the GNU/Linux and other Free Software demos by students from various colleges, the various workshops and talks by geeks of the Free Software world provide a great opportunity for newbies to get into the power and elegance of Free Software.
Carte Blanche'13 - Xplore Your Freedom
“Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history. 'Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn.”
-Richard M. Stallman
For those who truly value you freedom...
The Computer Society of MIT,Chennai gladly welcomes you to the 9th iteration of the Technical and Free and Open Source(FOSS) festival, Carte Blanche.
It is a festival where a number of awesome competitions attract hundreds of FOSS enthusiasts from all over the country.We also have demos,lectures,free software distributions and what not! A one of a kind event which will let you experience the indomitable spirit of FOSS and various opportunities to develop your technical knowledge.
Apart from FOSS, CB'13 also has a lot of technical and fun events to offer. There are also special events organized for school students.
So it doesn't matter if you are new to FOSS, here is a chance for you to get inducted into our world, have some fun, gain some serious knowledge and take away exciting prizes!
Explore our website to know more about our events.
News & Updates
- EVENTS SCHEDULE updated.
- Business plan Finals schedule on 16th February 2013 (saturday) - 10 AM at Smart Class room - Instrumentation Block - I
- Spot registrations available for BSNL & BOSS workshops.
- 12 slots available for Ruby on Rails, Applied Soft Computing, ANSYS-FEA workshops apiece. You can directly come and register.
- Registration for ' Latest trends in Mobile Services ' workhop by BSNL now open.
- Registration for ' BOSS Community Linux ' by CDAC is open.
- Registration for 'ANSYS - FEA' workshop now open. (for MECH stream)
- Registrations for 'HTML 5', 'Applied Soft Computing' ,'Ruby on Rails' , 'Open Hardware - Arduino' workshops are closed.
- The date for arduino workshop fixed as February 17, 2013
- The last date for Abstract submission of Idea Presentation & Business Plan extended to Feb 8.